Tuesday, February 26, 2008

News, News, News

Well, it's lots of news alright, but not sure if any of it will rock anyone's world, well, except mine that is. Okay, first up…I have a Webkinz. It was only a matter of time. I feel itchy palms every time I watch my kids play with theirs because I want to play too, so I just had to have one. My massage therapist has one…she doesn't even have kids, so why shouldn't I? I'm so in love with him. He arrived in today's mail from an Amazon.com Market Place seller and, oh! is he cute. This isn't him; the hearts on his nose are slightly different, but he looks a lot like this. I'm trying to decide what to name him. I'm open to suggestions, of course. Right now I'm leaning towards Gil Grissom or George Clooney



Other news is that I had a gallery stand out at DST (that's DigiShopTalk.com for you non-scrappers out there) yesterday. How cool is that?! Flergs RAKed me with a Digital Scrapbooking kit called Psycho Magnet (A name which I might have inspired since I am one of her scariest stalkers to which she would almost certainly attest. Be afraid Flergs, be very afraid) The kit looks like this:


And here's what I did with it:

And, since the journaling is pretty stinkin' tiny on there, here it is a little easier on the eyes:
If I ever thought before having children what it would be like to raise a child with a stratospheric IQ, I’m sure my imagination failed me. Hell, for that matter, my imagination failed miserably to accurately capture raising children at all! Even as a toddler, I knew you were exceptional. It was hard to miss. However when Dr. Wood said, “I only test gifted children and his scores are the highest I’ve recorded in a decade.” I was staggered. I have read that most education professionals don’t have the opportunity to come across a child like you in their entire careers. Here I am with a ring side seat into your life every day. But I would feel blessed and chosen for that opportunity regardless of your intelligence. The funny thing is that I don’t give it a thought on most days. You are just my sweet little Copper Top, who I love and nurture as any mother does. You may be brilliant Kiddo, but I’ve still got you trumped on wisdom and experience! After a moment of shock, I drove away from Dr. Wood’s office and it occurred to me that nothing had changed. You were still the same little guy you had been 15 minutes before. You are like other children in far more ways than you are different. You love to be tickled, love having raspberries blown on your tummy and you can still have temper tantrums when you are frustrated. You grumble when it’s time to practice the piano. You have training wheels on your bike, believe in the Tooth Fairy, and you still want me to tuck you in at night. Those things are infinitely more priceless in value than anything a test score could reveal.


Other news is that Kenneth used some cool new software to write a book. Near the end of the process he was supposed to add photo of himself, that will show up on the back cover. The software has a built in feature for uploading and printing a hardbound book. So, he asked me to take a pic of him for the cover of his book and I thought this turned out very well:



And, last, but not least, here's news from Amy Fenner, for whom I create digital scrapbook layouts. Her newest kit Color Me Crazy is going to be the Queen of the Crop Kit at GoDigitalScrapbooking.com this Friday, the 29th (leap day!) It can be yours just for completing all the challenges in the Queen of the Crop Woo Hoo! It looks like this:



Oh wait! I have something else! I got a Ron Paul sign for the yard. Not sure what Michael will have to say about that since he hasn't made up his mind whether he's going to throw his vote away on a Libertarian pretending to be a Republican or throw his vote away on a Libertarian who admits to being a Libertarian. I guess I'll find out when he gets home ha ha ha!

Take care until next time. Watch for another blog entry tomorrow, as tomorrow is/was my mother's birthday.

5 comments:

Daly said...

great post Julie!
Love your latest layouts. Your journaling really tells the story.

Hop on the blog train at DST if you want to get a lot of 'exposure' for your blog.

Rachel Young said...

I want a webkins too!! (you may have inspired me! :)) Adorable photos and your LOs are so cute!

msn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
msn said...

You know, we could write an index for Kenneth's book -- an official index on official indexing software that complies with official Chicago Manual of Style standards. You know how we feel about this: if it's worth publishing, it's worth indexing. So not kidding.

Tell him I will trade him an index for more dragon art for my fridge. :D

Cheers,
msn

The Udy Family said...

Great blog Julie! I heard Texas got snow, how cool is that?!
Love your webkin, a person should NEVER grow out of toys. ;)

Congrats on your gallery stand-out! And your RAK! DST is such a great place :)