Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I can bring home the bacon, but I can't cook it

"In case you haven't noticed, the bacon's done. And remember? I want mine floppy." Can you hear the impatient microwave re-beeping in the background as my four year old says this to me this morning? Would you give bacon, floppy or otherwise, to someone who talked to you like this? I thought not! I was sorely tempted to go into bacon withholding mode, but I resisted. I also happily resisted telling him just where he could put his floppy bacon. I mean…could you keep bacon from a face like this, even if it is saying things that are a bit impudent?



I'm working on a scrap LO of him and what he packs in his lunch to take to school each day. I thought that might be a fun memory to keep. My brain is truly exploding with ideas for scrapbook pages, I cannot possibly scrap fast enough to get them all done…besides which I keep taking more and more pictures so I keep getting further and further behind. This is borderline psychotic, and it's most definitely clinically compulsive. yikes.

I took the kids to see The Pirates Who Don't do anything, and if you have not yet done this, you should. I think I thought it was funnier than they did. If you are Christian shy, this won't offend you. It is a bit of a departure from the usual bible verse fair that they offer up, but I wouldn't call it irreverant either. I even got the soundtrack for a friend's daughter because it's so zippy and fun.

I started up my very own smugmug account just because of this blog. I needed a place to put all these pictures! Actually, that's not fair, I got it because I want to keep all my pictures safe and sound. I became familiar with smug mug because we use it for all the SAIL yearbook photos. It's a great way to make sure everyone has access to them. They offer lots of cool photo products too so you can order straight from them…however…beware, they don't offer calendars (duh! what's up with that?)

Oh, and I have a parting thought for you to ponder for the rest of your day. What do you get when you let your four year old play Cars Radiator Springs on your computer (because it doesn't run on his) while he's eating an ice cream sandwich? You get a happy surprise that looks like this:




I was thinking of posting some freebies made of organic goodies - like a stem from that flowering quince pictured below, only extracted for scrapbooking use. I could do lots of planty flowery stuff. That stuff seems to be very popular right now. Would you like that? Let me know!

Here's a page I made using it:

1 comment:

Daly said...

soooooooooooo cute Julie!

Yeah my family gives me lip about my cooking sometimes too.
It's a cruel, cruel world sometimes.