Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Big Greenpalm Grove Blog Debut

I told Michael, "I need a blog!" 
He said, "You do not need a blog." 
For a while, I heeded his sage advice, and then temptation got the best of me.  So here am I blogging away.  I don't know why Valentine's Day seemed like a good day to start blogging, but it did.  And, because I have so much spare time…no, wait, that can't be it…must be some other reason.  Let's see…okay starting again.
So, because, my brain tends to explode with thoughts, (yep, definitely more accurate!) I decided to create my very own mental dumping ground.  Hence the title "The Mental Detritus of greenpalm." I thought that was fitting.  So far so good, I've managed to type several lines of precisely nothing! Wow, I can tell this whole blog thing is really going to have a profound effect on the world.  So glad I can make a difference, even in a small way.
Okay, so, because this is the big debut of my blog.  I've got a digital scrapbooking freebie to give away.  This is a collection of 10 vintage valentines.  They belonged to my great aunt and they are just so cute, I think.  All are scanned at 300 dpi and extracted for you to use however you'd like.  Of course I'd love to see what you do with them.   I'd also love to have some love, particularly fitting today, I think!  Happy Valentine's Day.
here's what they look like:
Hope everyone has a wonderfully romantic day! Please be sure you eat some chocolate.  I know it's a necessity for me today! Wheeee!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's your love. Love being the first to visit your blog.
Now, do not corrupt me to blogland. I do not need a blog - but I will read yours!

Daly said...

love it! have fun.

mitchell said...

How exciting! Your first blog! Thanks for the freebie.

Lisa Habisreutinger said...

Congrats in the new blog!

Stacey said...

Congrats on your first blog! Sending you digi love - enjoy your new adventure!!

Dielle said...

Great freebie and welcome to blogland!

Liesl said...

Welcome to the addicting world of self absorption!

msn said...

Fabulous! I am so glad you are doing this, and can hardly wait to see where you go with it. Keep it coming, Smithy!