Saturday, February 16, 2008

Is it Spring Yet?

Oh my! I think it might be spring. We have flowers blooming in our neighborhood.


This is been an interesting week.  I've been on Vicodin.  This is the 8th day.  My neck is…well, it's a pain in the neck!  Have any of you ever tried these funky TENS units?  They are so happenin' It's got a little belt clip so I can get shock therapy on the go.  Wow.  I'm lovin' it.  I've also discovered the groovin' voice of Snook the Tree Sloth.  I basically became a Mouse Potato this week while I convalesced.  Which means that I, hired a nanny to do the heavy lifting (that would be Eleanor), turned on PBS for my kids, and glued my fanny to my computer desk chair.I was just mesmerized by the soothing voice of Snook the Sloth.  So soothed in fact that I had to know who's voice that is.  I did find the guy.  His name is Peter Linz, and he looks just like he sounds. I wish he could come over and sing me to sleep each night, or he'd really be good at self hypnosis audio tapes.  But…that could be the effects of the Vicodin.  Oh, and just now, here, at my house on Saturday-post-lunch.  I just said to my children, who were hovering around my desk as I type, "Could you just stop asking so many questions?  Couldn't someone else answer the questions for a little while? Please?" Pathetic.   I think I need Snook the Sloth to answer the questions for me.  He'd probably be kinder and gentler than I'm feeling at the moment.
I'm going to spend some time adding fun features to my blog here because I know that pretty soon, there will be people lined up for blocks clamoring to read my words of wisdom.
 
I hope each of you have a lovely day!

2 comments:

msn said...

Vicodin?! I missed something.
What did I miss?!

Anonymous said...

Julie, I'm a big fan of Snook here, too! I tried to find a Big, Big World sountrack, to no avail, just so I could listen to him sing :) I love your blog!