Monday, June 9, 2008

Too Long!

Okay it's 3:00 am on a Monday and I can't sleep. Oh…what to do? I know! Post on my poor sad, neglected blog. I just returned today from a wonderful weekend away from my family. I went on a scrapbooking retreat! Can you believe it? I stayed at the most wonderful bed and breakfast in Grand Saline, Texas. I had meals prepared for me, a wonderful, beautifully lit scrap room to work in and the company of wonderful friends. All on a lovely creekside rural setting. It was quite a get-away. I really didn't want to come home. Really. I mean, I probably would have wanted to come home eventually, but I wasn't ready yet!

Kenneth starts fencing camp tomorrow (well, er, I guess that would be today) He should do okay, I'm going to try really hard not to worry about him too much, but being dropped off at 9:00 and working all day is a very different experience for my little homeschooled one. I hope he doesn't get discouraged. He's kind of quick to throw in the towel if he's not marvelous at something on the first try. I'll definitely be in his corner pulling for him, no matter what.

Speaking of summer…oh, I wasn't was I? Well, I was talking about camp, and camp is one of those things that happens in the summer. Since it's summer now you'd think I'd lighten up on the kiddos, but I'm not planning to. I figure they get enough breaks here and there every week, all year long, why should they get the summer off? I'm mean, aren't I? I just want them to stay sharp. Kenneth will be getting enough of a break by going to all these camps.

Well, I'll see if I can post something else new sooner rather than later, but for now I'm off. ta ta!

1 comment:

msn said...

Fencing?! Fabulous! Pix??

The "Polish coach" makes me think he is studying sabre, right? Or are you starting with foil??

Great to see you blogging again!!