Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A New Layout, a Freebie and Road Rage

Michael pointed out a news item to me just the other day. He said that studies have shown that folks who have their cars plastered with a lot of bumper stickers are more likely to dish out a little road rage on their fellow drivers. I think he was filling me in on this tidbit because I have my van plastered with magnetic mod flowers. I love it! Now you might think that sweet little flowers are pretty innocuous, but the article specifically mentioned that the content of the bumper stickers is actually irrelevant. Apparently, folks who cover their cars with personal touches are very territorial. Yup, that's me. Here's the article if you're curious: Bumper Stickers = Road Rage I think territorial describes me to a tee. In fact, it really explains a lot. So, if you see a threatening Sea foam green Toyota Sienna covered with crazy daisys bearing down on you in your rearview mirror, well…you'll know it's me. Reminds me a little of the Stephen King story, Christine.

Now I have a treat today. A new scrapbook page. I just finished this one. I'm doing a guest spot for Lorie Davison for July, and I'm tickled pink, by the way! So, I used three of her kits, the newest is a Collaboration with Edeline Marta and is called A Walk in The Meadow, and the other two are Faerily Moonlit and Water Spirit. Here's what I came up with.



I also used my great grandmother's reading spectacles in the LO. I photographed them, extracted them and then, for my little learning experience this week, I figured out how to make them transparent (without making them disappear…thank you Thena!) So, since I went to all the trouble, I thought I'd offer them as a little token of my appreciation, as a blog freebie to you. You can download them here:

NanniesSpecs.png.zip

The rest of the credits can be found in my DST Gallery

Read anything good lately? I just finished Loving Frank, by Nancy Horan. It's historical fiction about Frank Lloyd Wright and and affair he had which lured him away from his family in the prime of his career. Fantasic book, actually horrific in many ways, but a great read, I must recommend it. Well, I'm a bit all over the map today, but, after all, that's why I called this "mental detritus!" See you next time!

7 comments:

Victoria said...

I have to agree about the bumper stickers and road rage. When I see cars plastered with anything I hang back and make room. I don't allow stickers on my car, but my husband has a rock climber on his. If I'm out and about and see some crazy daisies flash by me I'll wave! ;)

Your layout would have knocked my socks off had I worn any this morning...they may have popped out of their drawer in protest for not being included. I love your layout...so inspiring! The perspective is amazing and so inviting! Thank you for the spectacles. The extraction is incredible!

Thanks for inspiring me today! :)

HeatherB said...

Wow, this LO is absolutely amazing. Saw it at DST, and also loved those glasses, and was so pleased to see that you were offering them as a freebie, so generous! thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

Loved your layout at DST. Thank you so much for the spectacles. You did an amazing job on them.

Kristy
iscraptoo

Trish said...

Fantastic page! Love the LO and the specs - thanks!

Jessica said...

Thank you so much for the freebie! Your LO is just amazing, and it's so generous of you to share with the rest of us... I'd never thought about a possible connection between road rage and bumper stickers before. Now I'll be especially wary whenever I see someone all plastered up! ;)

Green V-Neck said...

Oh, wow, that is amazing!

Anonymous said...

just came over from DST where I gawked and ooh-ed and aah-ed at your winning whimsical layout, congratulations!
oh, and if you have the glasses as a freebie ever again, let me know!!! :-D